It was such a joy to have the beautiful Lana here in my studio. We had a great time capturing these images and I’m so thrilled that they turned out just as I had envisioned them to be. I love how a bit of imagination and Lana’s casual open approach to this session allowed us to accurately record what is such a beautiful stage in her pregnancy.
Check out my full maternity gallery here
“A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture, and transform.”
— Diane Mariechild, author of “Mother of Wit”
THINKING ABOUT GETTING PREGNANCY PHOTOS – I’d love to meet you and be a part of creating your maternity portraits that you can treasure forever. Pregnancy is such an amazing time in your life, and more and more mummas to be are wanting to get beautiful images of their growing bump. As with any portrait session there are a few things to plan when booking in your session with me. Here are a few tips to remember when booking your maternity shoot and choosing clothing etc.
- Plan ahead! Be sure to book in at least a month ahead so that you can be assured that you secure a date that will work with your pregnancy dates.
- Third Trimester – The best time to capture your beautiful pregnancy photos is between 32-36 weeks. I’d recommend going with 33 weeks and this way if anything unexpected happens you have a bit of wiggle room to re-book before baby arrives.
- Choose your style – At LaceyCee Photography I like to think that I am flexible and want to tailor your session to suit your own personal style. Have a think about what you like and bring along your ideas so that we can work together to create a portrait that you love.
- Clothing – the most important element is to wear what makes you feel beautiful and comfortable. Can’t decide between outfits? Bring them both or all. Getting a gallery of images with dress changes looks lovely.
- Professional Hair and Makeup – I highly recommend you treat yourself to getting this done for your session. Not only will it make you feel good, it always makes for beautiful portraits too! However if its not in your budget that’s ok too, your going out on a date with your partner hair and make-up will look gorgeous too.
A great maternity photography session will not just produce stunning and beautiful images, but also make you feel confident and beautiful.
LaceyCee Photography prides in capturing your beauty during your pregnancy and customizes each session with care, creativity, and professionalism.
LaceyCee is based in Te Awamutu, providing portrait services to surrounding areas including Hamilton, Cambridge, and Otorohanga.
“A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.”
― Eda J. LeShan